Student Affairs Supports Diversity
The Career Center is committed to the Student Affairs Statement on Diversity.
- Native American House
- The Native American House (NAH) serves as a support and resource center for all American Indian and Alaskan Native students and their families. Specifically, the Native American House provides various programs throughout the year that allow students the opportunity to enrich their cultural and academic experiences at the University of Illinois.
Registered Student Organizations
- Native American Student Organization
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
Job Search Resources
- Journal of Tribal Colleges Job Clearinghouse
- Job postings from Tribal College Journal. Tribal College Journal has covered the news, newsmakers, and issues in American Indian higher education, earning multiple awards for excellence in design and content from the Native American Journalists Association, the Society of National Associations Publications, and the Western Publications Association.
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
- A listing of internship and employment opportunities in a variety of professional fields for those who wish to work at Eiteljorg. (click on “About Us”, then “Employment and Internship Opportunities”)
- Native American Jobs
- A job search database for Native American job seekers.
- Native Jobs
- A “nationwide job bank” for Native American job seekers.
- Native Web
- A job search resource for Native American job seekers.
- Workplace Diversity
- A job posting database with specific information sites for individual minority groups.
Website & Print Publications
- Indian Country Today
- A magazine that covers topics pertinent to Native Americans. The website includes internships, a scholarship guide, and job search database.
- SUNY Fredonia
- An internship guide created by a New York Education group for Native American students.
- Tribal College Journal of American Indian Higher Education
- A magazine for Native Americans in higher education. The website also includes a job board.
- U.S. Dept. of Education - Listing of all Tribal Colleges and Universities
- There are 33 fully accredited Tribal Colleges and Universities in the United States. Many list job search resources and links.
Funding & Financial Aid
- American Indian College Fund
- An organization dedicated to Native American students pursuing higher education; the organization provides both scholarships and information on tribal colleges.
- American Indian Education Foundation
- Association on American Indian Affairs
- Catching the Dream
- Financial Aid for Native American
- National Indian Education Association
- Paying for College Guide
- A comprehensive listing of scholarship opportunities for Native American students.
- Presbyterian Church Native American Education Grant
- SUNY Fredonia Financial Aid Directory
- A list of scholarships available for students with Native American heritage.
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society
- A professional organization seeking to advance Native American representation in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math, by providing internship opportunities, an online job board, and scholarship resources.
- Association for American Indian Physicians
- A professional organization, which provides support for students entering medicine, including a workshop for students getting ready to apply to medical school.
- Be An Actuary
- A scholarship and internship resource for minority students wishing to enter the field of Actuary Science.
- An organization dedicated to advancing underrepresented minorities in corporate settings through internships.
- Native American Journalists Association
- A professional organization that provides resources and sponsors scholarships for students entering the field.
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
- SACNS helps connect students with scholarships and research opportunities.